Adobe is offering Creative Suite 4 (CS4) for RM399 (80% off education retail price of RM2,359). Full details.
Why is Adobe making such offering ? --> Developing human capital for Malaysia.
The idea is simple, for students to get a job these days, what do they have to learn ?
The top skills for the next five years are:
- Critical thinking
- IT architecture
The dynamics of economy and job market changes fairly quickly now.You need to learn faster and faster using technology, which defines a promising education trend for the 21st century.
- Embrace 21st century skills
- Leverage the entire ecosystem –industry and community
- Adopt the curriculum and teaching style to Digital Natives
- Provide broad access to the critical technologies
Adobe's action plans for Malaysia:
- An additional support for initiatives by MOE, schools and universities who are adopting Adobe technology.
- The economic downturn has spurred government investment – supports for countries who are investing in education
- Developing skills that lead to jobs with creative and technology skills requirement – there are jobs in publications, printers, architects, games development, web design, mobile phone applications, designers, video production.
Therefore, by deriving wisdoms from the trends and the big picture, people (particularly students) can benefit from using Adobe's software particularly the creative suite to nurture human capital at the personal level.If you don't aspire to become a graphic or web designer, you still need those skills to be competent enough, and Adobe can help you with that.
And yes, you can purchase a copy if you are a genuine engineering student; you don't need to fake the ID.