Referring to System.Collections.Hashtable and Microsoft.Visualbasic.Collection
- Collection - non case-sensitive string pattern (that is why it supports string as key)
- Hashtable - specific index key (that is why it supports object as key and not string as key)
- Hashtable - for accurate and fast return of item using the key
- Collection - for lesser accurate (based on non-case sensitive string pattern) and slower return of item using the key.
- Hashtable - used for lookup purposes with distinctive key searching facility.
- Collection - used for storing a growing collection of items with non case-sensitive string pattern (key) searching facility.