Image by kqedquest via FlickrInspired by The Way I Worked : Jason Fried (37Signals.com)
What I like best is the facts:
- One investor.
- A staff of 16
- More than three million customers...
- Must have a leader.
- Must make use of collaboration tool.
- Must share the codes and best practices.
- Do not waste time researching things which there are already best practices, just learn it. Instead, research other things which the team not yet know.
A leader must be a practitioner and also a teacher. The idea is that we must keep learning.
Must Always Create Excitement in the Team; everyday.
Do not ever demotivate the team.
The Boss Must Not Think that The Job is So Easy
It is very wrong to think that you can always get sample codes out in the web.
Must Anticipate Problems
A software company must anticipate problems, there will be problems, don't ever pull the panic button.
At Least Two Developers (for a project)
- Features / Front-End
- New technology
- New platform / libraries
- New techniques
- To cater new features.
- You always need to make sure existing version is working while creating a new version.
- Support customers.