With just an IP address, Hostname, or MAC address, SolarWinds UDT easily locates a device and retrieves the switch name, port, port description, VLAN, and more. Users can set up a notification alert for when a specific device connects to the network.
“UDT delivers the device-tracking and forensic history of an expensive switch port-tracking appliance at a much lower price point,” said Sanjay Castelino, SolarWinds’ VP Product Marketing and Product Management. “It also analyzes switch capacity, helping IT staff reclaim ports that are not being used and balance utilization among switches. This feature saves money in that it allows IT to avoid costly and unnecessary switch purchases.”
SolarWinds’ UDT provides network engineers with a powerful, affordable, easy-to-use switch port tracking solutions that enables instant access to connected device location. When combined with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, users get one consistent user interface, plus an integrated alerting and reporting engine. With the user interface integration, users can customize their web interface to blend data from both products.
SolarWinds User Device Tracker Key Features:
- Locate network devices, including confirmed rogue devices
- Search with an IP address, Hostname, or MAC address
- Confirm current location, location history of currently connected and unconnected devices, or add to watch list to be notified when device connects to network in the future
- Display switch capacities
- View individual ports per switch, reclaiming unused ports and avoiding unnecessary and expensive switch purchases
- Discover switches operating near full capacity
- Schedule automatic network discovery and device watch lists
- Monitor new switches on your network immediately
- Be notified the moment a specific device connects to the network, allowing you to respond immediately to network threats and events
“In the past, you had to manually try to figure out where a MAC or IP address sits unless you invested in an expensive system. UDT helps me manage over one hundred VLANs that I used to need a spreadsheet to track,” said Don Click, Senior Infrastructure Manager, Denton County Technology Services. “If we had a virus-infected machine in the past, we wouldn’t have a clue where it is. Now we can type in the machine name and find it instantly. When we start doing network device inventory, UDT will save not just hours, but days of time.”
“The age-old question of what is running on your network has only gotten more complex over the years. Network devices are growing in number and diversity, and network monitoring and management can no longer be a passive activity,” said Jim Frey, Managing Research Director for Enterprise Management Associates. “Operators need tools that deliver the knowledge they need to take charge and make informed decisions fast. Products like the SolarWinds User Device Tracker help identify and locate devices on the network – wanted or unwanted – quickly and painlessly, and always up to date. That means better asset management as well as faster incident response – both big benefits for daily operations.”
Video: User Device Tracker Overview
Product Blog: UDT Tips and Tricks
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds User Device Tracker is available now and pricing starts at $1,795, with the first year of maintenance included. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
The Hoffman Agency