Increasing numbers of small organizations are making the transition toward virtualization and cloud, but many are grappling with the challenge of managing IT infrastructures and ensuring application availability. Further, many do not have the in-house technical expertise or resources available to larger enterprises to smoothly make this transition. To address this need, EMC VSPEX offers customers a simple efficient and flexible means of deploying virtualization and cloud technologies, without added layers of IT complexity or risk. In addition, EMC VSPEX is built upon best-in-class technologies that provide customers with an unprecedented level of flexibility and investment protection.
In any virtualization or cloud deployment, the network plays a critical foundational role in the delivery and migration of data between virtual machines (VMs). Brocade cloud-optimized networking technologies are designed to seamlessly integrate and extend virtual compute in multi-vendor environments to help enable increased network performance, utilization and resiliency in virtualized architectures. Pre-validated by EMC for interoperability and featured in EMC's new VSPEX Labs, EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure solutions provide customers with the ability to choose from the following Brocade networking products:
- Brocade ICX Switches: Available for deployment in VSPEX solution bundles for up to 100 VMs, Brocade ICX switches deliver enterprise-class stackable switching at an entry-level price. Two models are included in VSPEX configurations, the ICX 6450 and the ICX 6610, providing up to 48 ports of 1 Gpbs and 10 Gbps Ethernet connectivity.
- Brocade VDX Switches: For integration with VSPEX virtualization and VDI solutions that scale up to 250 VMs and up to 2,000 virtual desktops, the award-winning Brocade VDX switch family enables businesses to build data center Ethernet fabrics, which provide an intelligent foundation for cloud-optimized architectures. The Brocade VDX 6720 is available in 1U and 2U models with up to 60 10 Gbps Ethernet ports. The Brocade VDX 6710 switch features 48 1 Gbps Ethernet ports and six 10 Gbps Ethernet ports in a 1 U design.
- Brocade 6510 Fibre Channel Switches: Providing customers with a choice to utilize high-performance Fibre Channel connectivity for VSPEX-based virtualization and VDI applications (also up to 250 VMs and up to 2,000 virtual desktops), the Brocade 6510 delivers maximum reliability and flexibility. It is configurable up to 48 ports and supports 2, 4, 8, 10, or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package.
Brocade has long subscribed to this open ecosystem philosophy, and has therefore established partnerships with a number of vendors within the VSPEX ecosystem. This deeper level of collaboration affords the customer with an additional level of assurance of interoperability between components of the EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure.
The Channel as the First Mile to the Cloud
The continual maturation of cloud technologies, coupled with customers' growing interest in integrating virtualization and cloud solutions into their IT environments, presents an opportunity for channel partners. The channel's unique position within the IT marketplace and proximity to the customer makes them a natural fit as the "go-to" party for consulting and deployment of advanced technologies. To leverage the channel's valuable expertise and technical know-how, VSPEX solutions will be integrated and available via authorized Brocade Alliance Partner Network (APN) and EMC's network of Velocity partners.
As part of its ongoing commitment to drive integrated solutions via the channel, Brocade has announced the availability of programs designed to assist and reward resellers in the selling of VSPEX solutions, specifically:
- Significant discounts on demonstration units to assist partners in populating proof-of-concept labs and increase trial deployments
- Extra percentage points for deal registration to protect partner opportunities
- Specialized Brocade Rewards bonuses to further incentivize VAR sales representatives
These programs, in conjunction with EMC's efforts to drive end-to-end enablement through the channel, provide partners with an opportunity to both capitalize on these current industry trends, while establishing themselves as the trusted advisor to the end customer.