- Billings* of $402.9m, growth of 17 percent on prior year
- Cash EBITDA* of $107.9m, growth of 14 percent on prior year
- Cash generated from operations of $92.2m, growth of 21 percent on prior year
- Positioned as a “Leader” in Gartner, Inc’s 2011 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection, 2011 Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection and 2012 Magic Quadrant for Unified Threat Management (UTM)
- Acquired Astaro Software AG in July 2011 to strengthen network security and unified threat management (UTM) offerings
- Acquired Dialogs Software GmbH in April 2012 to strengthen mobile device management offerings
Over the year, Sophos has made considerable advancements across mobile device management, mobile data protection, cloud encryption and UTM, while also strengthening its market-leading endpoint and data protection solutions – all components of complete security.
Sophos updated all key products, with the following major releases:
- Endpoint Protection 10, which offers fully integrated patch assessment, comprehensive web protection and filtering, and integrated encryption
- SafeGuard Enterprise 6, which offers the industry’s first enterprise cloud encryption capabilities; SafeGuard protects critical data in public, private and hybrid cloud environments
- Sophos Mobile Control 2, which enriches mobile device management with a new reporting dashboard for compliance enforcement and an easy to use self-service portal
- Sophos UTM, which extends UTM capabilities into the cloud and Sophos AP 50, which enables faster and more reliable wireless networking
- Complete Security Suites, which combine key functions like endpoint, data and web and email protection, along with mobile device management and protection for Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
Strategy and vision: complete security, without complexity
IT professionals choose Sophos because the company is leading the way with a different approach to IT security—“complete security, without complexity.” Sophos’ complete security strategy removes the challenges of multiple point products by combining UTM, endpoint, mobile and cloud protection, resulting in better protection, increased visibility, less complexity and better value. With an ever changing IT landscape, Sophos’ products provide protection across the network, servers, laptops, desktops, the cloud and even users’ personal mobile devices used for corporate business—protecting everywhere.
“IT security is becoming more and more complex, with new challenges like smartphones and tablets as well as cloud storage, an ever increasing array of security products to manage and new applications to monitor, as well as more devious malware and hackers. Unfortunately, IT teams and IT security budgets are not growing at the same rate—something has to give. Through complete security without complexity, we offer partners and customers a value proposition unmatched in the market, a single system for the organization that provides them with the ability to stay ahead of the threat,” continued Munford.