For this updates series, the followings had emerged.
- MathWorks - Dec 24, 2013 - Developing In-Vehicle Traffic Jam Alleviation Technology for Android Using Simulink
- MSDN - Dec 20, 2013 - 500 more slots now available in the Kinect for Windows v2 Developer Preview Program
- Press release - Dec 20, 2013 - GAME JAM 2013 Winners Attend Japan Game Development Research Tour
- Press release - Dec 20, 2013 - Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 Enhances Support for Oracle Database 12c
- Press release - Dec 13, 2013 - Juniper Unveils Junos® Pulse AppConnect SDK
- Caltech - Oct 22, 2013 - DNA molecules as a computing substrate to solve a hard math problem.
- Intel - Oct 22, 2013 - Intel® XDK New HTML5 Cross-platform Toolkit
- Press release - Oct 22, 2013- Intel Capital Unveils $65 Million in New Investments at 14th Annual Intel Capital Global Summit
- Press release - Oct 17, 2013 - Ericsson Application Awards 2014
- Press release - Oct 18, 2013 - Huawei Launches ‘MBB Insider Online' Platform for Next-Gen Mobile App Developers
MathWorks - Dec 24, 2013 - Developing In-Vehicle Traffic Jam Alleviation Technology for Android Using Simulink
Shockwave, the ripple effect resulted from the sudden slowing that forces drivers following closely behind to brake, with eventuality of contributing to traffic congestion.
In this article published on; MathWorks, no-follow,http://www.mathworks.com/company/newsletters/articles/developing-in-vehicle-traffic-jam-alleviation-technology-for-android-using-simulink.html; scientists and engineers have developed a technology to cushion the shockwave effect.
The technology is based on a hardware that serves as the on-board-unit (OBU) which runs on Android operating system, provides drivers with navigation information constantly, in order to achieve what is known as cooperative driving.
The software for the OBU was modeled using MathWorks' Simulink.
MSDN - Dec 20, 2013 - 500 more slots now available in the Kinect for Windows v2 Developer Preview Program.
Kinect for Windows v2 is expected to be made available to its general public by summer 2014.
Due to the popular demand of developer preview program, the Kinect for Windows Team announced that they have created an additional of 500 more slots now available in the Kinect for Windows v2 Developer Preview Program.
The program fee is US$399 (or local equivalent) and offers the following benefits:
- Direct access to the Kinect for Windows engineering team via a private forum and exclusive webcasts
- Early SDK access (alpha, beta, and any updates along the way to release)
- Private access to all API and sample documentation
- A pre-release version of the new generation sensor
- A final, released sensor at launch next summer (northern hemisphere, US)
Press release - Dec 20, 2013 - GAME JAM 2013 Winners Attend Japan Game Development Research Tour
Today Malaysian largest Web Hosting provider (Exabytes) announced that the company has successfully held CGM Game Jam in Malaysia with the support of Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC).
1. GCM Game Jam is an international ‘game prototype’ development competition which takes place in Japan, Thailand and also Malaysia in 2013.
There were more 30 local game developers and UNIVERSITY college students participated in the 36-hours game development marathon.
2. Mr. Chan, CEO of Exabytes highlighted the competition shall inspire Malaysia’s PC gaming sector to explore the opportunities in the gamification market.
3. Badlisham Ghazali, CEO of MDeC shared that ‘gamification’ is about applying game-design principles into non-game situations, and this method is gaining tractions within the local business circle as a way to creatively more effectively engage their employees, customers and stakeholders.
4. The First Prize’s winner of CGM Game Jam 2013 is Digital Ark team, a year-old local startup company by 3 team members. They will receive a return ticket to Japan including accommodation to visit a few games development companies in Japan. In addition, the winning team is also given with 5000 cash credits of mobile network advertisements as prize.
|Game Jam 2013|
Press release - Dec 20, 2013 - Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 Enhances Support for Oracle Database 12c
Supporting new innovations in Oracle Database 12c, including its multitenant architecture and data redaction, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 helps developers and database administrators increase productivity and performance.
By leveraging the migration tooling included in Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, customers can realize a significant decrease in the cost of migrating legacy systems and applications as less custom coding and database development is required.
Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 incorporates significant new functionality, enabling users to manage pluggable databases, enhance reporting, streamline development, and improve code and speed migration.
The standard development tool of choice for Oracle Database customers, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 is downloadable today from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
Press release - Dec 13, 2013 - Juniper Unveils Junos® Pulse AppConnect SDK
Juniper Networks, the industry leader in network innovation, today unveiled Junos® Pulse AppConnect software development kit (SDK) that enables per-application virtual private network (VPN) connectivity from both Apple iOS and Google Android devices to Juniper’s Junos Pulse Secure Access Service.
Junos Pulse AppConnect –Junos Pulse AppConnect technology and SDK is the first solution to offer per-application SSL VPN connections on both Android and Apple iOS mobile devices. With AppConnect, enterprises will have more granular control over access to corporate networks and applications, preserving the security and integrity of their data, network and resources end-to-end.
Caltech - Oct 22, 2013 - DNA molecules as a computing substrate to solve a hard math problem
DNA Computing, according to Wikipedia, is a form of computing invented to solve hard math and computational problems such as Hamiltonian path problem, NP-hard and etc.
It premises on the basis that DNA molecular structures are capable to serve as the computing basis as alternative to silicon-based circuits.
Some of the different bases include DNAzymes, deoxyoligonucleotides, enzymes, DNA tiling, and polymerase chain reaction.
In this case study, Caltech faculty member Lulu Qian, assistant professor of bioengineering constructed a DNA neural network that can perform simple associative memory functions—much like a network of neurons in the brain.
Intel - Oct 22, 2013 - Intel® XDK New HTML5 Cross-platform Toolkit
The next-generation HTML5 cross-platform toolkit for Web and Hybrid apps will help enable developers to create innovative apps and shorten time from idea to app store.
Enhancements include a streamlined workflow, a new integrated editor designed specifically for HTML5, a new round-trip UI-builder tool to help simplify responsive design, and expanded API support.
With Intel XDK NEW, developers can more easily create and deploy Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 Store, Chrome OS, and Tizen store-ready apps. Intel XDK NEW is now available as a free download for Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux.
Press release - Oct 22, 2013- Intel Capital Unveils $65 Million in New Investments at 14th Annual Intel Capital Global Summit
Intel Capital, Intel Corporation's global investment and M&A organization, is announcing investments in 16 new technology companies totaling $65 million. Spanning nine countries, the investments will help drive innovations in the cloud, datacenter, mobile technologies and consumer-related services.
The investments portfolios cover domains that include cloud computing, 3-D, social media, video, telecommunication, mobile, disaster recovery, analytics, storage, simulation, car rental, engineering and database.
The full list are: cloud consultancy CloudFX (Singapore); cloud storage software provider Cloudian (Japan/USA); community website and services platform CSDN (China); 3-D software developer DotProduct (USA); cloud file service Fileforce (Japan); interactive video platform Interlude (Israel); high-speed connectivity products company Lintes Technologies (Taiwan); mobile news syndicator Mobiles Republic (France/USA); business continuity and disaster recovery platform Perpetuuiti TechnoSoft Services (Singapore/India); visual merchandising and analytics solutions Prism Skylabs (USA); hybrid storage provider Reduxio Systems (Israel); chip simulation acceleration Rocketick (Israel); car rental company Savaari Car Rentals (India); semiconductor materials developer SBA Materials (USA); open source database solutions SkySQL (Finland); and wireless electricity developer WiTricity (USA).
Press release - Oct 17, 2013 - Ericsson Application Awards 2014
This is the fifth consecutive year that Ericsson announces The Ericsson Application Awards. Students and small- and medium-sized enterprises from anywhere in the world are invited to submit Android and iOS apps.
There will be two categories for this contest - one for students, and one for small- and medium-sized enterprises with fewer than 100 employees.
The theme of the 2014 competition is Apps for Working Life, in support of Ericsson's vision of a Networked Society in which - through a combination of mobility, broadband, the cloud, applications and services - anything and everything is connected.
- February 28, 2014: Final date for submitting application Submission
- March 14, 2014: The semi-finalists are announced (top five in each category)
- April 24, 2014: The finalists are announced (top two in each category)
- May 2014: Awards ceremony
Press release - Oct 18, 2013 - Huawei Launches ‘MBB Insider Online' Platform for Next-Gen Mobile App Developers
MBB Insider Online, a cloud-based mobile platform for evaluating mobile broadband (MBB) app network friendliness.
MBB Insider Online was developed by mLAB, Huawei's wireless network innovation lab.
MBB Insider Online allows app developers and other third-party MBB ecosystem companies to take unique advantage of evaluation tools that accurately determine the impact their services will have in terms of consumption of traffic, signaling, device power and delivered user experience when installed on a smart device connected to a live mobile network.
No details of download availability is available.