Avanade, a global business technology solutions and managed services provider, today released Malaysia results from a global survey on the changing sales process and buying patterns of business. Avanade’s latest research shows the “consumerisation” movement is shifting the sales process away from the sellers’ control, as enterprise buyers begin to mimic consumer shopping behaviours. With this shift, now, the value of the customer experience is more important than cost to business and IT decision-makers.
- Over 94% of Malaysian companies surveyed have changed at least one business process in the past three years to better interact with customers.
- Over 95% of Malaysian respondents say that IT plays a greater role in the overall customer experience than it did in the past.
- Three quarters of all Malaysian business decision-makers report, third-party sites, feedback from business partners, industry peers or social channels is more important than conversations with the company’s sales teams when making a purchasing decision for their company.
- Over 96%of respondents in Malaysia believe, technology will primarily replace human interaction with customers in the next 10 years. Anticipating this change, businesses in Malaysia are making new technology investments, changing business processes and redesigning organisational roles.
- Nearly one third of Malaysian customers report that they are willing to pay, up to 50% more for a superior customer experience.
- More than two thirds of Malaysian respondents report paying more for a product in the last six months for a superior customer experience over other less expensive options.