The platform was founded in June 2011 and launched in early 2012 by Jack Liu, the CEO of ActionSoftCO., also the founder of CN-Java.
ProcessOn is meant to provide a platform for business collaboration combines diagramming capability with social network for enterprises, teams, business individuals.
|ProcessOn HTML5 Browser Based Diagram Designer|
The diagrams which ProcessOn supports are:
- Value Chain
- Event-driven process chain
- UML Diagrams
- UI Mokcups
- iOS Mockups
- Org Charts
- Venn Diagrams
What is cool about ProcessOn are:
- Supports single sign-on with Yahoo, Google, Facebook
- Caters a platform for social networking and team features
- It is free as compared to office 365.
- Caters for unlimited diagrams, unlimited storage space and unlimited teams
The diagram designer is pretty impressive actually, I have tried it out and found the experience to be fast, smooth and accurate.
Considering ProcessOn as a software collaboration platform which a typical scenario requires the following components:
- Issues tracker and ticketing
- SVN - for source code management and sync
- Wiki - for indexing of contents, publishing of best practices, personal notes; Wiki can be used in place of forum
- Forum - for discussion on multiple topics
- Shared storage - i.e Online storage
- Project management tools - create project, assign team, assign tasks and etc; forum can be used as alternative
- Social network & Instant Messaging - for discussions, hangouts and meetings
Hence, ProcessOn fits to be utilized to serve the needs of online storage and social network requirements.
The team features consist of:
- Team updates - member's status or wallpaper
- Team diagrams - sorted out all diagrams belong to the team; supports upload of files (limited to Visio files only)
- Team notes - like wiki - supports upload of all kind of files including image files (i.e JPEG, PNG).
- Team members - listing of members
- Online diagraming for technical and non-technical diagrams
- Social media platform to perform real time and online collaboration to facilitate discussions, meetings and hangouts
- Exploration - discover new knowledge and get to know people, possibly talent sourcing