Pinterest, the much talked about visual bookmarking and sharing platform has been translated to Bahasa Malaysia. Starting today, Malaysians can now access a translated version of the Pinterest via the website, iOS and Android apps.
What is Pinterest?
- It is a virtual inspiration board that allows you to "pin" things online, just as you would pin them on a real life bulletin board
- You can pin anything you want -- from saving drawing templates that you want to try out to saving recipes that you want to reference later
- Create as many "Boards" to share and categorize your pins to make them easier for you to find
- Add friends to your Pinterest account and follow them as you follow friends on any other social media, plus a customized feed where you can see all of the fantastic things that they're pinning too!
- Own a business? Join Pinterest as a business which gives you metrics to see what content from your website is most popular on the Pinterest.
Pinterest Developers APIs
1.) Pin it button - integrate the button into your web site to help people to discover their stuff on Pinterest (community).
Available to iOS, Android platform
2.) Rich Pins - allows Pinterest to spider your web site for information such as price and availability The purpose of rich pins is to objectize your information which can be categorized into product, recipe, movie, article or place - in order to cater for for richer information to complement better search indexing and hence discovery by the Internet community
3.) Domain API - help people to discover content on your site - letting your visitors see the content that's most popular with Pinners
Comparing to Rich Pins, the Domain API works pretty much like a generic search information indexing similar to generic search engines like Google.
Rich Pins works by your own effort to feed richer information into Pinterest ecosystem whilst Domain API works the other way round - Pinterest tries to consume meaningful data from web sites via search and indexing capability.