For this week / last week, here are / were the biggest news.
- PR - Malaysia - Aug 7, 2014 - Interactive Intelligence Announces Asia Pacific Headquarters Expansion
- PR - DocuWorld 2014: Fuji Xerox Launches Versant 2100 Press
- PR - Malaysia - Aug 6, 2014 - Exabytes Acquires Spore-based Japanese company USONYX, and Launches EasyParcel.my
- PR - Malaysia - Aug 5, 2014 - WD Expands NAS Storage Offerings with 6 TB, 5-Platter Hard Drive
- PR - SG - August 5, 2014 - Viber's 'Hold & Talk' Instant Voice Messaging Now Available for Windows Phone Users
- PR - SG - Aug 5, 2014 - Tata Comm. sustains momentum; posts a 14% YoY increase in Q1 FY15 revenues
- MDeC - Malaysia - Aug 5, 2014 - 4 Things You May Not Know About Getting Malaysian SMEs online
- PR - Malaysia - Aug 4, 2014- Brocade Receives High Acclaim for Efforts in NFV and Enterprise Networking
- PR - Princeton, NJ. - Jul 30, 2014 - WFT Migrates Transalta’s SAP Production Landscape to VCE with 50% Performance Improvement
- PR - Malaysia - Jul 2014 - MOLPay Seamless Payment for E-Commerce & Online Merchants
PR - Malaysia - Aug 7, 2014 - Interactive Intelligence Announces Asia Pacific Headquarters Expansion
Interactive Intelligence Inc., a global provider of contact center, unified communications, and business process automation software and services designed to improve the customer experience., has today announced the expansion of its Asia Pacific (APAC) Headquarters in Kuala Lumpur leading to a relocation to Unit 9.1, Level 9, Menara Prestige, No.1 Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur from its previous location at Menara IMC.
As the Asia Pacific headquarters for Interactive Intelligence, Malaysia will continue managing countries such as China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Interactive Intelligence Group Inc’s Asia Pacific Headquarters contact numbers is 03-2776 3399. For additional information, please e-mail to email@example.com.
PR - DocuWorld 2014: Fuji Xerox Launches Versant 2100 Press
Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Malaysia Operations), the world’s leading document management solutions provider, kick started its DocuWorld 2014, a showcase of the latest sustainable technologies that support businesses, whilst allowing them to operate more efficiently and effectively. The Fuji Xerox DocuWorld 2014 aims to connect businesses with the right solutions through a platform for partners and customers to gain insights from the latest innovative document management technologies by Fuji Xerox. To commemorate the opening of the Fuji Xerox DocuWorld 2014, Datuk Dr. Abu Bakar bin Mohamad Diah, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), officiated the launch with Fuji Xerox’s employees and business partners.
|Fuji Xerox Versant Press|
Headlining the impressive lineup of groundbreaking innovations was the Versant 2100 Press, a versatile solution for boosting productivity and enhancing versatility for all digital businesses. Catering to the needs of print professionals, the new digital full-colour press is perfect for the entry-level production colour market as it is capable of printing up to 100 prints per minute (ppm). platform built for graphic communications specialists in the commercial print, quick print and in-plant market segments. The press is ideal for delivering values now demanded by print buyers in-paced world of digital media. The 100-ppm press carries, in its compact body, high-end functions selected from an upper class model targeting the professional printing market.
PR - Malaysia - Aug 6, 2014 - Exabytes Acquires Spore-based Japanese company USONYX, and Launches EasyParcel.my
Exabytes Group, Malaysia’s largest Web hosting solution provider, today made the following two announcements as summarized below:
i) Exabytes Acquires Japanese outfit ‘USONYX’ for Regional Expansion
- New acquisition is expected to ramp up overseas business by 20% towards achieving revenue of RM 30 million by Financial Year Ending 2015
- 100% acquisition of USONYX Pte. Ltd (a wholly-owned Singapore subsidiary of Japanese company) in bid to gain immediate market share in the South East Asia region’s Web hosting sector.
- In FY2014, Exabytes reported a total revenue of RM21 million. The company is targeting to achieve 50 percent of overall growth in revenue by next fiscal year
- Preparing to penetrate Indonesian market in the 4th quarter of 2014
|(L-R): Chan Kee Siak, CEO & Founder of Exabytes Group of Companies;Frost Chen King Peng, Chief Technology Officer of EasyStore;Alan Kok, Vice President of Sales, EasyStore;Clarence Leong Chee Yee, CEO of EasyParcel|
ii) Launches Malaysia’s First Single-Point Logistics Service – EasyParcel.my
- combines the service availability of up to 5x established logistics and shipping services providers such as Poslaju, Skynet, Airpax, Nationwide and DHL into a single integrated e-commerce platform
- at least eighty percent (80%) online shoppers in the South East Asia region said that shipping and delivery mode is a key deciding factor that influences their online purchases.
- Currently EasyParcel.my only offers domestic shipping services but looking to extend the platform with international shipping options with the inclusion of players such as DHL, TnT and FedEx
PR - Malaysia - Aug 5, 2014 - WD Expands NAS Storage Offerings with 6 TB, 5-Platter Hard Drive
WD®, a Western Digital® company, and world leader in storage solutions, announced the expansion of its award-winning WD Red® line of SATA hard drives for home and small office NAS (network attached storage) systems with the release of a 5 TB and first-to-market 6 TB capacity for NAS-specific storage and the introduction of WD Red Pro hard drives that address the medium to large business NAS market.
Compatibility-tested with top NAS system manufacturers and optimized for power and performance, WD Red 3.5-inch hard drives are now shipping in 1 TB to 6 TB capacities; and the new WD Red Pro 3.5-inch hard drives are available in 2 TB to 4 TB capacities.
Available now at select retailers and is distributed by Amble Action Sdn Bhd, Eternal Asia (M) Sdn Bhd and Achieva Technology Sdn Bhd in Malaysia. WD Red and WD Red Pro have three- and five-year limited regional warranties, respectively. Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for WD Red 5 TB (model #: WD50EFRX) is RM819.00, and RM989.00 for 6 TB (model #: WD60EFRX). Pricing for WD Red Pro 2 TB (model #: WD2001FFSX) is RM529.00, RM659.00 for 3 TB (model #: WD3001FFSX) and RM859.00 for 4 TB (model #: WD4001FFSX).
PR - SG - August 5, 2014 - Viber's 'Hold & Talk' Instant Voice Messaging Now Available for Windows Phone Users
Viber the leading mobile communications platform offering free messaging and HD-quality phone calls, today announced its latest Viber update for Windows Phone. The new version (Viber 4.2) combines new features and enhancements for Windows users, chief amongst them the popular Hold & Talk feature that lets users send instant voice messages.
Hold & Talk allows you to communicate almost instantly. Hold down the button, begin your message, and the recipient can hear what you’re saying even as you’re sending it.
PR - SG - Aug 5, 2014 - Tata Comm sustains momentum; posts a 14% YoY increase in Q1 FY15 revenues
Tata Communications today announces its financial results for the quarter ended June 30th 2014 (Q1 FY15).
- Consolidated revenue from operations improved 14% YoY to Rs. 51,117 million (USD 855 million)
- Consolidated EBITDA was up 9% YoY at Rs. 7,127 million (USD 119 million)
- Voice business revenue from operations was up 8% YoY
- Data business revenue from operations improved by 17% YoY
PR - Malaysia - Aug 5, 2014 - 4 Things You May Not Know About Getting Malaysian SMEs online
Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) recently commissioned a study by Ipsos Business Consulting on the Internet and e-business adoption in SMEs.
The small and medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia constitute 99.2% of the total business establishments. However, they only contribute 33% of revenue to Malaysia’s GDP. Certainly, SME owners need to be more empowered so that their contribution towards the economy can be increased. In this media alert, MDeC shares its findings on what more can be done to increase the adoption of the Internet and digital technologies amongst SMEs.
- Did you know that Malaysians spend RM1.8 billion shopping online and this is expected to grow to RM5 billion in 2014?
- Did you know that 76% of SMEs which adopt e-business received more revenue growth upon adoption?
- Did you know that 68% of SMEs in Malaysia do not have a website for their business?
- Did you know that while 78% of Malaysia SMEs subscribe to broadband services most choose slower Internet speeds?
PR - Malaysia - Aug 4, 2014- Brocade Receives High Acclaim for Efforts in NFV and Enterprise Networking
Brocade has received industry recognition for its leadership in enterprise networking and contributions to Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) from two prominent industry organizations, Infonetics Research and Internet Telephony Magazine. Brocade was ranked second overall in the 2014 Infonetics Research Annual Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Scorecard, and was named a winner of the 2014 Internet Telephony NFV Pioneer Award.
The Infonetics Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Scorecard profiles, analyzes, and ranks the seven largest vendors of enterprise networking and communication equipment. Infonetics highlighted strong financials and market momentum as Brocade’s largest strengths. The Internet Telephony NFV Pioneer Award – which honours innovative products with unique features and noteworthy developments that work to advance network functions virtualization, recognized the Brocade Vyatta 5600 vRouter as a pioneer in NFV - as the first virtual router capable of providing advanced routing in software without sacrificing the reliability and performance associated with hardware networking solutions.
PR - Malaysia - Jul 2014 - MOLPay Seamless Payment for E-Commerce & Online Merchants
MOLPay, a multi-channel payment gateway solutions provider today launched a new payment solution for online merchants.
This new payment solution makes online payment so much more efficient whilst maintaining the security to give peace of mind to the users. MOLPay’s Seamless Payment eliminated a step on the payment flow by redirecting customer to the internet banking site instead of redirecting the customer to the payment gateway payment page.
It’s easy to integrate! What all the merchants have to do is to download and paste a snippet on your product page. This would allow the user immediate login access to their Internet Banking account which enables them to safely complete their transaction with ease. MOLPay Seamless Payment is now available with all major banks in Malaysia which includes Maybank2U, CIMB Clicks, RHB Now, HLB Connect and many more.
PR - Princeton, NJ. - Jul 30, 2014 - WFT Migrates Transalta’s SAP Production Landscape to VCE with 50% Performance Improvement
Wharfedale Technologies Inc. (WFT), a leading IT services and consulting firm, announced today it has successfully migrated TransAlta’s SAP production landscapes from its physical environment to a virtualized Converged Infrastructure with VCE Vblock Systems using EMC VNX storage. TransAlta is an electricity power generator and wholesale marketing company. It operates over 70 power plants in Canada, the United States and Australia. It is the largest publicly traded provider of renewable energy in Canada.
Venturing down the path to Converged Infrastructure with VCE Vblock Systems using EMC VNX storage, TransAlta, has chosen Wharfedale Technologies (WFT) to be the partner to ensure a successful migration and full virtualization of SAP landscapes.
Integration of SAP application with data protection, high availability and disaster recovery capabilities of the converged infrastructure was also implemented.