Google Analytics

Search This Blog

Monday, August 04, 2014

Malaysia’s Outsourcing Sector Sees 27 Per cent Jump in Overseas Revenue in 2013

Press release - Malaysia - Jul 30, 2014

Outsourcing Malaysia (‘OM’), an initiative of PIKOM, today shares its latest record of the country’s outsourcing industry in terms of an overall revenue achievement of RM1.59 billion in FY2013, as compared to RM1.25 billion in FY2012 from overseas outsourcing opportunities and projects.

Outsourcing is one of the Entry Point Projects (EPP) under the Business Services NKEA of the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) which focuses on areas of business such as business process outsourcing (BPO), IT process outsourcing (ITO) and knowledge process outsourcing (KPO).

David Wong, the Chairman of OM

David Wong, the Chairman of OM says, “This 27 per cent increase in just one year to RM1.59 billion in total revenues, is pretty significant for Malaysia’s outsourcing industry which is still relatively small as compared to those of other regional countries.”

Wong attributes a driver to this positive earnings growth to the Malaysian government’s various initiatives via the ETP and industry-wide efforts.

However Wong says, “There’s still a lot of room for improvement as out of this RM1.59 billion in overseas revenue, only 25 percent is generated by local outsourcing players while the rest of the 75 percent is by their foreign shared services players that are based in Malaysia,” explains Wong.

Details.

No comments: