The application ? Big Data lah !!!
The Data Lake foundation enables solutions which bring data, applications and analytics together while delivering analytics wherever needed. A data lake strategy simplifies the storage, management and analysis of Big Data by bringing together data in real-time, near real-time or in batch, and from disparate sources crossing multiple protocols.
Here’s what the Data Lake Foundation consists of these core features:
- Efficient Storage: Eliminates storage silos, simplifies management, and improves utilization
- Massive Scalability: Built from scale-out architectures that are massively scalable and simple to manage
- Increased Operational Flexibility: Multi-protocol and next-generation access capabilities support traditional and emerging applications
- Enterprise Attributes: Protects data with efficient and resilient backup, disaster recovery and security options
- In-Place Big Data Analytics: Leverages shared storage and support for protocols such as HDFS to deliver cost-efficient, in-place analytics with faster time to results.