For this week / last week, here are / were the biggest news.
- PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Get real time data on flood activity with the Togetherwithu app
- PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Tata Comm. signs $20 million Global WAN deal with KION Group
- PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Kaspersky : Spammers are Exploiting the Recent Tragic Events in France to Earn Money
- Ovum - Feb 5, 2015 - Attention now turns to getting regulatory approval
- PR - Feb 5, 2015 - EMC Launches VSPEX BLUE Hyper-converged Infrastructure Appliance
- PR - Feb 5, 2015 - UniMap Perlis Charts Journey to the Cloud on Juniper Networks MetaFabric
- PR - Feb 4, 2015 - Independent Research Firm Cites Sophos as a Leader in Its New Endpoint Encryption Report
- PR - Feb 3, 2015 - ESI International Releases Top 10 Trends in Business Analysis
- PR - Feb 2, 2015 - ENTIRETEC partners with LG to provide customers with content media services and cloud strategies for industries
- PR - Jan 30, 2015 - Oracle Launches Financial Services Cloud
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Get real time data on flood activity with the Togetherwithu app
TogetherWithU app was developed by a team of elite developers trained by the MDEC ICON project. This app was created to help Malaysians get through the flooding season with weather and water level updates in affected areas, and providing vital information on what to do in case of flooding.
|Maps & compass help users navigate|
Key features of the TogetherWithU app are as follows:
- Near real-time statistics for the affected areas
- Water and rainfall level in various states
- Weather forecast for affected areas
- Twitter feeds
- Localized information in Bahasa Malaysia
- Maps and compass to help users navigate
- Windows 8.1 version specially optimized for Tablet users with screen smaller than 9”
- Live Tiles on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone version
PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Tata Comm. signs $20 million Global WAN deal with KION Group
Tata Communications today announces that it has won a multi-year contract with the KION Group, the second largest global manufacturer of forklift trucks and warehouse technology. They will provide global WAN services to KION group’s 280 sites and 22,000 employees across 30 countries worldwide. The USD $20 million deal will see Tata Communications replace the KION Group’s existing stable of multiple WAN providers with a single, global, intelligent network. This network is a critical element in achieving the KION Group’s Strategy 2020 objective of harnessing its global potential even more effectively.
The innovative network will utilise a combination of cutting edge technologies to allow the KION Group to handle data more intelligently and with greater visibility than ever before. For the end user this will mean faster application delivery to any device, anywhere, at any time. The fact that the WAN will run on Tata Communications’ wholly-owned global dedicated backbone and utilise Tata Communications’ cloud-based security solution means the KION Group will have direct access to internet-based applications, improving both user experience and cost effectiveness. The KION Group’s IT department will benefit from lower management costs, greater control of the end user experience and the ability to respond rapidly and visibly to the changing needs of the business.
PR - Feb 6, 2015 - Kaspersky : Spammers are Exploiting the Recent Tragic Events in France to Earn Money
Kaspersky Lab spam analysts have found examples of a mass mailing targeting users in the US. In their emails, the spammers refer to the tragic events that have recently hit the headlines, predict a wave of similar disasters still to come and offer readers a simple way to protect themselves and their family if the worst happens. For a few dozen dollars these ‘well-wishers’ will share a video tutorial detailing how to build a miraculous electricity generator in their own homes.
One of the mailings reads: “Blood on streets in France will spread to the U.S.A”. In this email, the spammers paint a bleak picture of America’s immediate future, claiming the government is hiding the truth but expects blood to flow in the streets is “it did in France”.
Ovum - Feb 5, 2015 - Attention now turns to getting regulatory approval
On February 5, 2015, BT announced that it has agreed definitive terms to acquire EE for £12.5bn. With the due diligence now complete and financing in place, attention now turns to getting the necessary regulatory clearance from UK competition authorities.
The competition investigation is likely to focus on spectrum holdings and wholesale access for other mobile operators
BT anticipates that the transaction will need to be cleared by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). Depending on whether or not remedies are required, that process could last between eight and 32 weeks. The operator does not expect clearance from the EC to be required. At this point in time, things generally look promising and the green light is likely to be given, albeit with concessions needed. One of those is likely to address the combined entity’s spectrum holding. BT was particularly successful in the 2013 4G spectrum auction, acquiring spectrum at 2.6GHz, and the inquiry is likely to assess what adding this to EE’s already sizable lot will mean.
PR - Feb 5, 2015 - EMC Launches VSPEX BLUE Hyper-converged Infrastructure Appliance
EMC has once again redefined simplicity with the announcement of the VSPEX BLUE Hyper-converged Infrastructure Appliance. The newly announced VSPEX BLUE enables customers to go from power on to provisioning virtual machines in under 15 minutes, offering impressive time to value when compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure offerings.
Other benefits of VSPEX BLUE include:
- Delivers compute, storage, networking and management in an agile, scalable, trusted and easy to manage hyper-converged infrastructure appliance
- Seamless and harmonious end user experience that embodies the simplicity and ease-of-use functionality
- Ideal for infrastructure consolidations, virtual desktops in large remote or branch offices and managed service providers
- One-stop Market to download value-added software, from EMC and EMC ecosystem partners
PR - Feb 5, 2015 - UniMap Perlis Charts Journey to the Cloud on Juniper Networks MetaFabric
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) is building a new data center around Juniper Networks® MetaFabric™ architecture to help maintain its lead as the country’s top technical university. The new facility, due to be fully operational by February 2015, will enable UniMAP to dramatically reduce the environmental footprint and operational costs of its data center operations while enhancing service delivery to students, staff and external parties. The Juniper Networks QFabric® System being deployed within UniMAP’s new data center is the first in Malaysia. Other key highlights are:
- In accordance with the university’s Green Campus policy, the new data center has been designed for optimal operational and energy efficiency. As it uses far fewer devices than a conventional data center network, Juniper Networks QFabric System requires anywhere from 68% to 89% less power.
- Designed to support cloud data center operations, Juniper Networks QFabric will enable UniMAP to consolidate approximately 100 existing servers onto a few high-capacity blade servers that have been sized to run up to 200 virtual machines, thus delivering a further reduction in power consumption and space requirements to support exiting services.
PR - Feb 4, 2015 - Independent Research Firm Cites Sophos as a Leader in Its New Endpoint Encryption Report
Sophos today announced it has been positioned as a Leader in Forrester Research, Inc.’s new report, The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Encryption, Q1 2015. Calling Sophos a “Breakout Star” in the evaluation, Forrester states that “security and operations admins will appreciate Sophos’ deep policy granularity and deployment flexibility in a variety of environments and use cases.” Forrester also found that “Sophos' user support offerings and ease of deployment were consistently rated as exemplary by customers.”
Sophos ranked top in the Current Offering category, and earned the second highest overall score in the Market Presence category. Forrester cites what it calls “an explosion of consumer devices and services that has fueled on-the-go computing and a blurring of work and personal lives” as primary reasons organizations implement endpoint encryption solutions.
PR - Feb 3, 2015 - ESI International Releases Top 10 Trends in Business Analysis
ESI International, the world's leading project management training company, today announced the release of its top 10 trends in business analysis for 2015.
ESI’s top 10 trends for business analysis include:
- Between a cloud and a hard place: BAs will need to identify, communicate and manage gaps between business expectations and the realities of cloud-based solutions
- The strategic BA: BAs will begin to assist in maintaining alignment between business objectives and the projects through which they are achieved
- The hybrid BA: Agile and waterfall methods increasingly co-exist creating the need for BAs to work in a hybrid, fluid environment
- Managers will ignore BAs at their own peril: BAs will continue to be ignored and not get the coaching and mentoring they desperately want
- The BA change agent: BAs will deliver business value by understanding how project outcomes translate to business change, and ensuring that project requirements incorporate change management components
- Run!: Business analysts continue to shy away from conflict and avoid difficult conversations, at their peril
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) does well: IIBA continues to grow and shape the industry
- EA connects the dots: Enterprise analysis will continue to grow as a discipline and take a bigger role in ensuring strategic execution
- Culture shock: BAs will better understand organisational culture and its impact on requirements and project success
- Predictive analytics is the future, we predict: Understanding predictive analytics will be a differentiator for the enterprising BA
PR - Feb 2, 2015 - ENTIRETEC partners with LG to provide customers with content media services and cloud strategies for industries
ENTIRETEC and LG Electronics joined forces on a common cloud and professional service strategy to provide customers with cost effective tailor made end-to-end solutions and seamless services.
The partnership resulted in the development of a joint advertisement and media content multi-service platform aimed at supplying content solutions on a cloud base that address various verticals, from automotive and transportation, health care, hospitality and sports. These include Smart Signage and IPTV, as well as further media and communications solutions.
The collaboration starts with the launch of the joint CLT:PMS PCS service for the hospitality vertical.
PR - Jan 30, 2015 - Oracle Launches Financial Services Cloud
Today, Oracle unveils its Oracle Financial Services Cloud which is a modern community cloud offering dedicated to the financial services industry including banks, insurance and investment companies, and securities institutions, as well as other regulated industry enterprises.
This new solution provides financial services companies with a secure move to the cloud while adhering to security, privacy, and compliance needs.
Part of the Oracle Industry Applications Cloud portfolio, Oracle Financial Services Cloud supports the unique requirements of financial services companies for human capital management, enterprise resource planning, and customer experience in the cloud.