Symantec recently published the Internet Security Threat Report volume 20.
- Digital extortion (Ransomware) on the rise: 113 percent increase in ransomware attacks in 2014
- Cyberattackers are leap-frogging defenses in ways companies lack insight to anticipate.
i.e Dragonfly attackers ran three different types of attacks at the same time
- Spear-Phishing is increasingly focusing on large enterprises
- Zero-day vulnerabilities (still) at all time high
- Malware types increases - in 2014 28% of malware was “virtual machine aware”
- Many victims were exposed to security attacked rooted from social media.
- IoT and mobile expose renewed opportunities for attackers