- Continuum for Phones, enabling people to use their phones like PCs and Microsoft Edge (formerly code named “Spartan”).
- Development details for Microsoft HoloLens, using one codebase and one store, with a consistent experience across Windows 10 devices.
- A new Windows Store offering new features, improved discoverability, better payment option and a new business store portal.
- App partner commitment to Windows 10 with USA Today and WeChat showcasing new apps.
- A Windows 10 Developer Tools preview, released today to Windows Insiders. Developers not already building for Windows are encouraged to sign up at Windows Dev Center.
With the Azure platform the company showed off its differentiated approach to the cloud and how developers can leverage the cloud to create more intelligent web, mobile and data applications. Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President of the Cloud and Enterprise group, post on the Official Microsoft Blog for more detail, highlights include:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 Release Candidate, Visual Studio 2015 Release Candidate available today for download.
- Project Oxford, a portfolio of SDK and REST APIs that add intelligent services like vision and speech that take advantage of natural data understanding.
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse, the first enterprise-grade, elastic cloud data warehouse and new capabilities and enhanced security features for Azure SQL Database, including an elastic database option.
- Azure Data Lake, a hyper-scale data repository for big data analytic workloads and integrated with machine learning and big data services from Microsoft, and partners like Cloudera and Hortonworks.
Microsoft also introduced more ways for developers to reach 1.2 billion Office users:
- Office Graph enables developers to tap into Office data and machine learning capabilities so they can layer third party data to create new intelligent solutions.
- Unified APIs across OneNote, Outlook and OneDrive will make it simpler for developers to reach both consumers and commercial customers who rely on those services.