It is a dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz) with each band supports up to 300 MBps and it comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports router.
The good thing of dual band is the ability to setup two wireless networks (SSID).
Having two SSIDs means you can configure different settings and priorities for each of them. Whilst it doesn't really help with fail-over, it helps with load balancing the network.
The router also comes with a 64 MB RAM, whereby it reduces the frequent needs to restart the router after a long operating period.
Besides that, the Malaysian version of the router supports connection to TM Unifi modem directly, via simple setup steps:
- Connect the EnGenius router straight to the Unifi ONT or modem directly
- Connect to router using network cable and DHCP, login to the admin page of the router using web browser, the default logins and IP.
- Goto Tool/VLAN profile
- Choose Unifi profile
- Enter the Unifi username & password, then save the settings.
- Setup complete.
- Nice looking
- Extended Signal Coverage with Xtra Range™ Technology
- Parental Controls
- Guest Network Settings
- USB storage device for file sharing
- Other common features : built-in firewall, MAC address filtering and URL filtering
What I like about this product is its physical design - nice looking, oval shape white UFO.