11street (www.11street.my), one of the largest online marketplaces in Malaysia, today showcases its Online Shopping Index, which identified the latest changes in online shopping behaviours of local consumers, as well as specific e-commerce insights during the four-week Ramadhan and Raya period from 22 June to 19 July.
The 11street Online Shopping Index for 2015 reveals that:
- Malaysian online shopping behaviours are becoming more diverse
- Men indulged in online shopping as much as women at a healthy ratio of 48 men: 52 women
- Mobile is the future of e–commerce with nearly half of the people shop via mobile
In addition, the company also shares its business updates:
- 11street’s gross merchandise value (GMV) has surged significantly by over 100% (Month-on-Month) during the Ramadhan and Raya period
- Mobile shopping at 11street increased by 30 percent during the Ramadhan and Raya period
- In just mere months, 11street achieved various milestones including a rank of 40 on Alexa
Hoseok Kim, CEO of 11street, attributed the growing popularity of 11street to its ability of providing a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience and attractive product offerings at affordable prices. This is especially true for their much highlighted ‘SHOCKING DEALS’, which guarantee shoppers that if they can locate the same product selling at a cheaper price in another online shopping site, 11street will refund them with the price difference of the product at 110%. It is possibly the first of its kind deal in the local online retail market.