For this week / last week, here are / were the biggest news.
- PR - Mar 25, 2016 - Malaysians are bracing for the worst Heatwave
- PR - Mar 24, 2016 - Citrix Announces Asiasoft Solutions Pte Ltd as First Citrix Specialist Partner in Singapore
- PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Radeon™ Graphics: The Intersection of Speed and Sophistication in the DirectX® 12 Era
- PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Turning the Smartphone Into A Remote Control
- PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Red Hat Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Results
- PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Aruba Delivers Mobile-First Networking Portfolio to Accelerate the Move to the Digital Workplace
- PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Huawei Calls for Open and Cooperative Approach to Security at Commonwealth Cybersecurity Forum 2016
- PR - Mar 22, 2016 - Steltix partners with AutoDeploy to bring JD Edwards continuous deployment and delivery software suite to the European market
- PR - Mar 22, 2016 - ‘Eyes in the sky’ technology opens the way to rapid, safe and repeatable inspections
- PR - Mar 22, 2016 - Sophos Email Appliances Adds Next-Generation Sandboxing Technology
PR - Mar 25, 2016 - Malaysians are bracing for the worst Heatwave
With the recent Equinox weather phenomenon combined with the presence of El Nino, Malaysia is just one of the countries that have been greatly affected by the heatwave. With that, Malaysians have been looking for convenient ways to battle the weather and stay cool.
Since the start of the heatwave, 11street has seen an increase of nearly over 480% in searches for cooling products in Malaysia was noted. These products include the likes of air coolers, air cond, humidifier and etc
PR - Mar 24, 2016 - Citrix Announces Asiasoft Solutions Pte Ltd as First Citrix Specialist Partner in Singapore
Citrix today announced the first ‘Citrix Specialist’ partner in Singapore following the launch of the new Citrix Solution Advisor (CSA) program. Asiasoft Solutions Pte Ltd has achieved CSA certified Virtualization Specialist status.
As a recognized Citrix Specialist, Asiasoft Solutions Pte Ltd is able to better differentiate capabilities and offerings to ensure customers can optimize their investments in Citrix technologies.
Asiasoft Solutions Pte Ltd will benefit from access to advanced Citrix technical content and resources, which combined with their sales teams’ ability to demonstrate skills and competencies related to the Citrix portfolio will drive strong financial benefits justifying investments in the program.
PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Radeon™ Graphics: The Intersection of Speed and Sophistication in the DirectX® 12 Era
AMD today once again took the pole position in the DirectX® 12 era with an impressive roster of state-of-the-art DirectX® 12 games and engines, each with extensive tuning for the Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture at the heart of modern Radeon™ GPUs.
“DirectX® 12 is a game-changing low overhead API for both developers and gamers,” said Bryan Langley, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft. “AMD is a key partner for Microsoft in driving adoption of DirectX® 12 throughout the industry, and has established the GCN Architecture as a powerful force for gamers who want to get the most out of DirectX 12.”
DirectX® 12 games:
- Ashes of the Singularity™ by Stardock and Oxide Games
- Total War™: WARHAMMER® by Creative Assembly
- Battlezone™ VR by Rebellion
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ by Eidos-Montréal
- Nitrous Engine by Oxide Games
PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Turning the Smartphone Into A Remote Control
With Sivantos Siemens’ touchControl App, hearing instrument users can now turn their smartphone into a remote control. With this free new app, hearing instrument functions can be discreetly controlled, and no additional hardware is required. The Sivantos Siemens' touchControl App is very user friendly with its intuitive design and large controls.
The user can easily adjust the loudness of the hearing instruments, temporarily mute the microphones or change listening programs, and control bass or trebles to the desired sound quality. And if needed, the loudness of the tinnitus therapy noise can be adjusted as necessary. The app also allows the wearer to assign customized names to listening programs set up by the hearing care professional.
PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Red Hat Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Results
Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced financial results for its fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended February 29, 2016.
- Fourth quarter revenue of $544 million, up 17% year-over-year or 21% in constant currency; full fiscal year revenue of $2.05 billion, up 15% year-over-year or 21% in constant currency
- Fourth quarter subscription revenue of $480 million, up 18% year-over-year or 22% in constant currency; full fiscal year subscription revenue of $1.80 billion, up 16% year- over-year or 22% in constant currency
- Fourth quarter Application Development-related and other emerging technologies subscription revenue of $89 million, up 38% year-over-year or 43% in constant currency; full fiscal year Application Development-related and other emerging technologies subscription revenue of $323 million, up 37% year-over-year or 46% in constant currency
- Fourth quarter operating cash flow of $247 million, up 14% year-over-year; full fiscal year operating cash flow of $716 million, up 15% year-over-year
- Year-end deferred revenue balance of $1.72 billion, up 16% year-over-year
PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Aruba Delivers Mobile-First Networking Portfolio to Accelerate the Move to the Digital Workplace
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, today announced a new suite of integrated networking software and hardware solutions that enable enterprises to address the digital workplace requirements of GenMobile, today’s mobile-savvy workforce, and the escalating connectivity demands of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. The new portfolio enables IT teams to anticipate and resolve connectivity problems, and create secure policies to build digital workplaces that are optimized to boost employee productivity.
These offerings include:
- Predict Wi-Fi connectivity issues before they happen with Aruba Clarity
- Secure the network down to the device with powerful enhancements to Aruba ClearPass
- Optimized performance with new multi-gigabit wireless and wired networks
- Take action faster with HPE Services
Pricing and Availability
The new multi-gigabit Aruba 330 Series Wave 2 Access Points are available in the second quarter of 2016 and priced at $1,695 U.S. list. The Aruba 3810 Series switches are available today with pricing starting at $4,299 U.S. list. Aruba ClearPass 6.6 is available in April 2016 as a software upgrade with no additional costs for existing customers with valid service contracts. Aruba AirWave 8.2 and the new Aruba Clarity module will be available in March 2016.
PR - Mar 23, 2016 - Huawei Calls for Open and Cooperative Approach to Security at Commonwealth Cybersecurity Forum 2016
Huawei today called for the cybersecurity industry to adopt an open and cooperative approach to security that is built-in to assurance systems, rather than bolted on as an afterthought.
At the Commonwealth Cybersecurity Forum 2016 held in London, David Francis, European Chief Security Officer at Huawei, discussed how the public and private sectors can work better together to protect critical infrastructure and secure networks from cyberattacks. In his talk “Built in, not bolt on – Delivering secure networks” Francis outlined why organisations need to take an open & cooperative approach to cyber security, to ensure product security is given the same priority as product quality.
|David Francis, European CSO speaking at Commonwealth Cybersecurity Forum 2016|
“At Huawei we believe that collaboration is crucial to securing networks and devices in this increasingly connected world. Huawei ensures that security is built into its devices, network architecture and employee ethos – rather than bolted-on as an afterthought,” said Mr. Francis. “The smart cities and IoT movement means that the environment that attackers can operate in is growing day by day and organisations need to put cybersecurity at the centre of their strategies to prevent future attacks.”
PR - Mar 22, 2016 - Steltix partners with AutoDeploy to bring JD Edwards continuous deployment and delivery software suite to the European market
AutoDeploy, a market leader in continuous delivery and deployment automation software announced it has formed a strategic partnership with Steltix, the premier European Oracle Platinum Partner specializing exclusively in JD Edwards ERP. Through the partnership, Steltix will expand the reach of AutoDeploy’s software solutions throughout Europe.
AutoDeploy software automates the delivery of projects and changes, from development build and deploy, to production. Utilizing an advanced algorithmic error handling process to capture errors at the point of build, and prevent errors from being built and deployed into any and all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Environments, AutoDeploy increases the quality of project deliverables, reduces errors, and speeds time to realized value.
PR - Mar 22, 2016 - ‘Eyes in the sky’ technology opens the way to rapid, safe and repeatable inspections
Lloyd’s Register’s first phase of its guidance notes for drones and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is launched today, giving operators in the energy and marine industries confidence in using UAS for offshore, marine and onshore surveys and in-service inspections.
“We are developing these guidance notes to provide a consistent approach to risk in UAS and drone deployment, offering practical operational considerations relating to regulations, personnel, quality, safety, hardware, software and operations,” says Lloyd’s Register’s Chief Technology Officer, Nial McCollam. McCollam highlights: “Technology and innovation in the area of digital data, sensing technologies, unmanned systems and robotics are here to stay. We see an exciting and important journey ahead, and anticipate our efforts to increase and continue.”
The guidance notes from Lloyd’s Register will be updated regularly to provide industry with the latest practical information on issues such as how best to use UAS for inspection in confined spaces which is particularly relevant in energy and marine applications where Class surveys are needed, and which also improves safety for human life.
PR - Mar 22, 2016 - Sophos Email Appliances Adds Next-Generation Sandboxing Technology
Sophos, a global leader in network and endpoint security, today announced that its Sophos Email Appliance now includes Sophos Sandstorm, an advanced, next-generation sandboxing technology that quickly and accurately detects, blocks and responds to sophisticated, constantly-changing cyber threats.
Sophos Sandstorm is an advanced persistent threat (APT) and zero day malware security technology. To combat elusive threats that target email accounts on multiple platforms and mobile devices, companies need signatureless protection in addition to traditional malware protection.
Sophos Sandstorm uses powerful cloud-based technology to isolate and address these types of threats before they enter a business network. Information technology managers are provided with detailed reports of threat behavior and analysis for further investigation and action, if required.