Key Features of SQL Server 2016
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 was built to help businesses rethink their data strategies with today’s challenges. It supports hybrid transactional/analytical processing, advanced analytics and machine learning, mobile BI, data integration, always encrypted query processing capabilities and in-memory transactions with persistence.
Key Features include:
- Stretch Database technology is an industry first and allows customers to dynamically stretch warm and cold transactional data to Azure so operational data is always accessible. This also enables customers to have a cost-effective data strategy while protecting their customer’s sensitive data.
- Advanced analytics using our new R support that enables customers to do real-time predictive analytics on both operational and analytic data.
- Ground-breaking security encryption capabilities that enable data to always be encrypted at rest, in motion and in-memory to deliver maximum security protection.
- In-memory database support for every workload with performance increases up to 30-100x.
- Business Intelligence for every employee on every device – including new mobile BI support for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices.
- Available on Linux in private preview, making SQL Server 2016 more accessible to a broader set of users
- Unique cloud capabilities that enable customers to deploy hybrid architectures that partition data workloads across on-premises and cloud based systems to save costs and increase agility