Nonetheless, I stopped using it for many years. Don't remember when, it was at one point when I couldn't find it from the market or the Internet.
That was my last memory with Norton Ghost.
AOMEI Image Deploy (AID) does exactly the same as Norton Ghost, it is a software meant for cloning computer image from one PC to another.
All you have to do is create a cloned image of the main PC (server) and deploy the image to multiple PCs (Client PC) in the LAN (Local Area Network).
The key features are:
- Real-time process monitoring- all edition
- Free edition supports deployment of image up to 20 PCs or Servers simultaneously; for technician edition, deploy image to unlimited computers simultaneously
- Batch preset client computers name and IP address (technician edition only)
- Support different hardware (technician edition only) - it means the client PC doesn't have to be the same model
1.) Step by step guide (with screenshots) on usage of AOMEI Image Deploy.
--> You don't need a computer engineering degree to use this software effectively - just print out the steps and follow exactly.
Otherwise, contact technical support: email@example.com
2.) Supported Windows OS
- Microsoft Windows XP (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Home Server (WHS) 2011 and Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2(all editions)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (all editions)
3.) Getting Started
You will need to make use of two software provided by AOMEI.
- AOMEI Backupper --> To create backup image of your computer.
- AOMEI Image Deploy --> To deploy the backup image to other computers.
4.) Need to Pay ?
4.1) AOIMEI Image Deploy comes with free version and technician version.
|AOMEI Image Deploy (AID) Versions Comparison|
4.2) AOMEI Backupper comes with standard (free) and professional edition (30-day trial).
|AOMEI Backupper Versions Comparison|
5.) Use Case
5.1) Case 1: when you need to control and manage multiple PCs within a LAN.
i.e Cyber-cafe, school lab, office, event.
Take note that the Network adapter (or network interface card) in client PCs must support PXE boot.
--> Start all the client PCs and enter into BIOS to set the network boot (PXE boot) as the first boot device.
5.2) Case 2: when your PC are totally KO cannot boot up Windows.
Clone an image from another PC and use it to overwrite the affected PC.
Nonetheless, the affected PC's network adapter must support PXE boot and you must be able to enter into the BIOS to set the network boot (PXE boot) as the first boot device.
The affected PC might come back useful if the hard disk is still workable.