At Mobile World Congress 2017, VMware Inc. demonstrated the company’s leadership by driving the digital transformation of telecom, cable and mobile operators into agile service providers. Through VMware’s unified software-defined architecture spanning Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), Mobility and the Internet of Things (IoT), global communications service providers (CSPs) can benefit from potential new revenue streams with sustainable cost reductions, increased flexibility and security and a modernized network that is 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) ready.
1) VMware Helps Communications Service Providers “Realize What’s Possible” Through Software-Driven Digital Transformation
- With more than 80 NFV deployments by more than 45 CSPs serving more than 300 million subscribers worldwide, VMware vCloud® NFV™ accelerates service innovation and delivery, reduces costs, and simplifies network operations.
- The vCloud NFV platform enables organizations to deploy a multi-vendor and multi-function NFV platform today that delivers service automation, secure multi-tenancy, operations management and carrier grade reliability with 5G readiness.
- VMware enables CSPs to offer a range of enterprise mobility services for customers at all stages of the mobility lifecycle.
2) VMware AirWatch Managed Services Open New Revenue Opportunities for Global Communications Service Providers
- Market-leading AirWatch EMM: AirWatch enables the management of corporate-owned, BYO, and line-of-business devices, including Windows 10 PCs.
- Service Development and Delivery: The vCloud Air Network provides CSPs volume discounts based on spend commitments, partner support, test capacity, marketing support, training and other benefits.
- Operational Excellence: CSPs can benefit from consolidated billing, chargeback detail and simplified operations.
- Global Footprint: CSPs can help customers deploy services quickly and scale geographically without having to invest in new data center capacity.
- Complete Solutions: CSPs can use AirWatch Mobility Services to create broader managed services offerings that include device monitoring, support, compliance management, professional services, consulting and education training.
3) VMware vCloud NFV 2.0 Delivers Agile, Open and Secure Networks with Simplified Operations Management
- VMware vCloud will take advantage of new innovations across VMware’s entire virtualized compute, networking, storage and management portfolio.
- The VMware Ready for NFV certification provides CSPs with the confidence that VMware partner VNF solutions will seamlessly and effectively deploy, run, and interoperate with VMware vCloud NFV.
4) HARMAN and VMware Partner to Accelerate IoT Adoption for Enterprises Through Convergence of IT and Operational Technology
- This new collaboration between HARMAN and VMware will help Communications Service Providers (CSPs) add new offerings and expand revenue streams that will further enhance the IoT user experience and the delivery of innovative services.
- HARMAN’s OTA update solutions paired with the VMware vCloud® NFV™ platform and end-to-end IoT operational management solution is designed to deliver a fully elastic and optimized network infrastructure that allows operators to expand their services into new markets as they transform network architectures towards 5G.