Data received : 16-Nov-2018:
- HealthifyMe, one of the world’s leading health and fitness apps, announced on 16-Nov-2017, bold expansion plans that will see them venture into the Southeast Asian region, beginning with a foray into Malaysia followed by Indonesia & Singapore in the next 3-6 months.
- First launched in 2012, HealthifyMe now has over 8 million users worldwide offering highly localised calorie tracking with over 55,000 foods as well as water consumption, weight, steps and activity tracking complemented by automated and real-time insights.
- The company launched its services in Malaysia in October 2018 and has already attracted over 15,000 subscribers with more than 25 local coaches, trainers and experts.
- The app has since gained global outreach : 10% of the 8 million user base, 10% of the coaches & 20% of the overall revenues are already coming from International geographies.
- HealthifyMe has already seen some promising traction in Southeast Asia with over 46,000 subscribers joining the platform in the last month & 1.3 million food & water logs being tracked. The app possesses a library of over 900 Southeast Asian cuisines with accurate protein, fibre, carbohydrate & calorie mapping. The company has also hired a team of local nutritionist and fitness coaches who will develop personalised diet & fitness plans for its Southeast Asian users.
- HealthifyMe also announced it had raised a further US$6 million as an extension to its US$12 million Series B round earlier this year from existing investors and InnoVen Capital (a Temasek backed entity) to fund the regional expansion as well as other new features and initiatives.
- HealthifyMe already has the world’s first artificial intelligence powered virtual nutritionist – Ria ; can now not only listen and read, but also see & identify healthy & unhealthy foods from menu cards, phone screens and entire plates of food.
|Ushar Vashisht, CEO|
- Mr. Ushar Vashisht, Co-founder and CEO, HealthifyMe said the app was built in line with global standards of quality and excellence - commenting on this expansion strategy, the SEA was chosen for the high concentration of smartphone users whilst Malaysia is picked for its rich cultural nuances.
- Ms. Alexandra Prabaharan, HealthifyMe’s Malaysia Head of Operations said that the entry into Malaysia is both timely and exciting given the people's growing reception towards healthy lifestyle.
|Alexandra Prabaharan, |
Head of Operation, Malaysia
- HealthifyMe is available on both iOS and Android platform.
- The app’s premium plans which begin at RM149 per month, HealthifyMe also offers on-the-cloud fitness coaching with 24x7access to a team of certified diet, fitness and yoga coaches that will provide personalised diet and workout plans.
- This is an app which serves as end-to-end personalized health assistant offering calorie tracking over food consumption versus the activity to counter over consumption.
- In short, this app is useful to help you get rid of the extra calorie ingested over the consumption of Char Koay Teow during the hypothetical Penang's trip - eat and seek help through the app.