Date : 16-Jan-2019
- After a breakneck year of tech world advancements, setbacks and successes, Telenor Group’s research arm, Telenor Research, identifies seven tech trends to study up on for 2019. While there is no shortage of staggering high-tech feats identified for the year, the notion of “responsibility” resonates through many of this year’s trends.
- Trend 1 : DEEPFAKE: TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?
2019 will bring us more deepfake content because a large amount of work is going into algorithms called generative adversarial networks (GANs).
- Trend 2 : AN EYE ON AI
In the coming year, we will see public and private bodies setting AI governance frameworks and adopting new codes of conduct to ensure that they operate with high ethical standards.
- Trend 3 : 5G ISLANDS EMERGE
- Trend 4 : INDUSTRIAL AGE 2.0?
2019 will be the year when industrial IoT customers crack the transition from proof-of-concepts, which we’ve seen in recent years and months, to large scale commercial deployments in low-power wide-area (LPWA) ecosystems.
- Trend 5 : CHATBOTS JOIN THE FAMILY
Expect more chatbots helping us in our homes than we have before.
- Trend 6 : SCREENING SCREEN TIME, FLIPPING TO FLIP PHONES
Awareness of screen time and its effects on us is becoming widespread For example, mobile-free meals with family and friends, and mobile-free meetings are certainly becoming more common.
- Trend 7: GREENTECH CATCHES FIRE
As climate change worries and awareness of consumption both skyrocket in society, a wave of mobile-driven green technology will help people live and consume more smartly than ever.
Coming in 2019, we’ll see “5G islands” emerge across the world as large-scale pilots and trials – from Europe to North America and northeast Asia – connect selected communities and business networks.
- Bjørn Hansen, Vice President at Telenor Research, said people are taking a step back to reconcile the meaning between technology advancement and humanity.
- Most new tech developments will be centered around A.I directly and indirectly.
- A.I trend early adopters will take the lead, especially true to the startup communities..
Telenor: 7 tech trends that will shape 2019.