Date : 14-Aug-2019
- In an effort to provide leading technology for the world to stay connected, HUAWEI has committed to bring more innovative products and services to consumers in Malaysia, especially in the 5G sector. This would transform the digital landscape in Malaysia, as the country is now a leading market in the region especially in the consumer segment.
- This was further supported by the recent statement made by Minister of Communications and Multimedia, Gobind Singh Deo during the handover of 5G task force report at the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) in Cyberjaya last month, where 5G implementation is expected to roll out by the first quarter of 2020.
- HUAWEI has been developing 5G technology since 2009 and this strategic focus is a reflection of the company’s core values, which is to stay customer-centric, to inspire dedication to preserve, and to grow by reflection.
- Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia, said that Malaysians will not only be able to enjoy faster internet speeds and better coverage with 5G, but can also leverage on this technology to catapult the national economy towards strong and sustainable growth. He said that 5G would impact every industry that is vital to the growth of the country’s economy.
- 5G technology - our daily life in the future will be made more convenient and more efficient – enhanced and enabled by 5G connectivity, for example:
- farmers being able to detect soil moisture and acidity in real time to maximize their yield
- fishermen will be able to increase precision techniques
- and the emergency response teams such as ambulances or the police will be able to deliver a more efficient response via robotics
- higher quality video streaming
- ultra low latency gaming
- Huawei will be the clear winner when the Malaysian telco industry adopts the 5G technology because consumers will have to decide between HongMeng OS (which will be customized for 5G) and its competitors.
- Huawei must roll out the next smartphone with support of 4G and 5G as soon as possible to flood the market.
- By and large, Malaysian trust the Huawei brand because the general perception is that its products are high tech and affordable.