Date : 12-Nov-2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Alibaba rewrites the history again with an outstanding result - USD 38.4 billion of sales on 11/11/2019, around a 26% increase from the previous year according to its news hub Alizila. The first billion was clocked in just 1 minute and 8 seconds.
- Currently, over 2 million shoppers go through ShopBack web or app before they start their shopping journey. The cashback earned by online shoppers can be withdrawn to their bank account where the top user in Malaysia has got more than RM 30,000 lifetime cashback saved in his account.
- Last year on the 11th of November 2018, around RM 11 million worth of sales were made through ShopBack Malaysia in just one day. This year, we are thrilled to surpass last year’s record and achieve RM20 million (in terms of sales powered by ShopBack Malaysia for our partner e-merchants) - over 80% of growth – in just November 11th alone.
- Eddy Han, Country General Manager of ShopBack Malaysia.
|Eddy Han, Shopback, Malaysia|
- Malaysia has the strongest performance in terms of shopping traffic and numbers of orders this year
- Data gathered in six countries: Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan
- Malaysia shopped the most right after midnight, top spender in Malaysia made more than RM30K worth of orders at Lenovo
- The most popular shopping time belt is 12.00 am – 1.00 am – a phenomenon encouraged by the exclusive midnight vouchers and discounted deals which is largely popularised by Alibaba’s Taobao and Lazada.
- On a regional level, around 90% of the shopping traffic are coming from the (mobile) app.
- The top 3 popular stores in Malaysia are Lazada, Shopee, and Taobao.
- Cashback is another form of discount whereby consumers pay full amount first and earn back rewards as cash facilitated by the Shopback platform.
- How it work is that Shopback serves as affiliate to the merchants where the platform will earn sales commission in which the profit will be shared with users.
- People who did not sign-up for cashback are those who failed to realize the extra bonus which they can earn during mega sales event such as the 11-11 whilst some find the concept confusing.