Swicki has a new strategy to compete with Google...
The following message comes from Swicki.
How do you make your swicki better than Google? By getting help from the experts in your swicki community!
This is a quick note to let you know about a great new "Community Features" in your swicki.
It is estimated that people find what they want from general search engines only 40-70% of the time. We want to make that closer to 100% and your swicki's new tools will allow your community members to fill in any gaps in the search results.
Your swicki uses the information you give it, along with the best indexing technologies, to gather search results about your topic. No matter how good the automatic tools it uses, there will still be gaps that you and other experts can now easily fill. This means your swicki can become the definitive search destination on the web for "it-sideways".
Your swicki's users can now:
- Vote for results directly on a new results page (http://it-sideways-swicki.eurekster.com).
- Easily write an answer directly into the search results (see the "Write your own search result" link at the top of the swicki results page).
- Use the new WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor for writing great looking search results, including: URL links and embedded video.
- See a list of unanswered questions that includes search terms people have searched for or asked on your swicki but didn't find good answers for.
- Subscribe to your swicki for the latest questions and answers using your swicki's RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed.
As moderator, you can:
- Click on the "write an answer" link beside each new search term in your Buzzcloud activity emails to quickly write answers.
- Approve or exclude answers contributed by your community members.
Search is becoming increasingly verticalized and our aim is to help you use your expertise to turn your swicki into a valuable and useful search engine and to help you earn your part of the multi-billion-dollar search industry.
We always appreciate your feedback so let us know your thoughts. Send all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Swicki search features for IT-Sideways.